In Home Consultation Fees
Prenatal Consultation - $100
Initial Consultation - $225
Follow-up Consultation - $150
Return to Work Consultation - $100
Multiples Additional Fee - $35
Travel Fee (more than 30 min drive) - $25
A travel fee is added to the consultation fee when the location of the in-home consultation is more than 30 minutes from Shoreline, WA 98177. You will be notified at the time of scheduling if a travel fee is needed. The rate is $25 for 30 minutes round trip over the 30 minutes travel radius included in the cost of the consultation.
Payment is due at the time of service. We accept cash, check and credit. Health savings and flexible spending accounts often cover lactation services. Check with your plan for limitations.
Nurture New Life is committed to making lactation care affordable for anyone that wants it. Reduced fee or pro bono consultations are available to families experiencing financial hardship that makes paying for any of the other options not feasible. We believe that no one seeking support should be denied care. Pay the amount that you are able at the time of service. If your financial situation improves we welcome any partial or full payment for services when you are able. We rely on the Honor System, meaning we assume you are selecting this option due to a real need. We provide services equally and fully to all clients.
Insurance Coverage for Home Visits
At the end of your appointment you will receive a superbill that includes all the information your insurance company needs to process your claim. Submit this, along with your insurance company’s claim form. Any reimbursement due will be mailed directly to you.
Will My Health Insurance Cover Lactation?
If you have questions about whether this visit will be covered call your insurance plan directly. Catherine Fenner, IBCLC is NOT an in-network provider. Many plans do cover out-of-network providers, but not all.
Aetna: Most Aetna plans cover six (6) lactation visits with out-of-network lactation consultants. Call Aetna for specifics.
Things to Consider
- Call your insurance company and ask “Do you cover out of network lactation consultations?”
- Ask “Which provider types or credentials are covered in my breastfeeding support benefits?” If the benefits state the healthcare provider must be licensed, or a specific type that is not an IBCLC, then our services will not be a covered benefit.
- If you are a member with an HMO or Select plan you may either 1. need a pre-authorization from the insurance plan to see an out of network provider (me). This is not a guarantee of coverage. Or, 2. they do not cover out of network providers.
- If you are a member of a state managed care plan (Apple Health, Molina, or a Community Plan) only in-network providers are covered.
- Some insurance plans require a referral from your healthcare provider for breastfeeding support. This is still not a guarantee of coverage.
Clinic visits provide the same quality breastfeeding support, but allow us to bill insurance for your care. We provide office visits at:
One Sky Family Medicine
6327 22nd Ave. NE
Seattle, WA 98115
Call today to make an appointment: 206-363-5555
Insurance Coverage for Office Visits
During a lactation appointment both the nursing parent and baby are considered patients. Each patient is scheduled back-to-back, and both patients receive a breastfeeding assessment to determine what is making feeding difficult. Insurance is billed for both patients. If you have a copay then a copay will be due for each patient at the time of service.
- New lactation visits: 45 min each parent/baby, 90 min total
- Follow-up lactation visits: 30 min each, 60 min total
- Return to work planning visit: 45 min for parent
- Prenatal: 45 min pregnant parent patient
We can bill the following insurance companies for office visits:
- First Choice
- United Healthcare
Tele-Health Consultation Fees
$75 per hour, prorated after first 30 minutes.
Payment is due at the time of service. We will invoice you for credit card payment. Health savings and flexible spending accounts often cover lactation services. Check with your plan for limitations.
At the end of your appointment you will receive a superbill that includes all the information your insurance company needs to process your claim. Submit this, along with your insurance company’s claim form. Any reimbursement due will be mailed directly to you. Visit the In-home Consultations tab for more information about insurance coverage. The issues and limitations are similar.